Sunday 3 August 2014

Contemporaries !

"...If you don't understand what I am saying, I am a threat, certainly. But if they understand what I am saying, they will rejoice, there is no threat. In fact, I want to make these people contemporaries. They are not. Somebody is hanging two thousand years back with Jesus Christ, somebody is hanging even farther back with Moses or Buddha. These people certainly will feel me a threat because I belong to the present.
I want them to come to the present, otherwise there is no hope for humanity. These people are simply walking corpses, burdened with the whole load of the past -- ugly, superstitious. Certainly I am a threat to their superstitions. I am a threat to their rotten theologies. I am a threat to their concepts about morality, God, religion, about everything they have that is out of date. Certainly they will feel threatened because that's how they have become identified in their own eyes, and it is always difficult to change." 
Osho
Excerpt from Interview with Howard Sattler, 6PR Radio, Australia.

No comments:

Post a Comment