Friday 31 July 2015

TO REJECT IS TO ACCEPT :-

It happened once, a zen master was celebrating his master’s birthday.
The master had died. Somebody asked him, Why are you celebrating? –because as far as I know, the master denied you.
He never accepted you as his disciple. You tried long, that I know. You tried again and again, that I know, but every time you were refused.
You were never initiated by him.
So why are you celebrating his birthday? Traditionally it is to be celebrated only by the accepted disciples.
’ The master laughed and he said, ’Precisely because he refused me, I celebrate.
Now I can understand his compassion.
If he had accepted me, I may have become just an imitator.
Because he threw me into myself continuously, by and by I stood on my own feet.
By and by I dropped the desperate search to cling to somebody else.
He helped me.
He was my master.
In his rejection he accepted me.’
But this is illogical. But still, if you look through the eyes of a poet, through the eyes of a lover, you can understand it.
Intellectually it will be difficult, but if you are intelligent it is a simple fact.
Sometimes, to deny is to give.. Sometimes, to reject is to accept.. Sometimes, not to help is the only way to help....
Osho,
Nirvana The Last nightmare..

No comments:

Post a Comment