Friday 7 August 2015

My truth cannot be your truth !

My truth cannot be your truth -- my truth will be your belief. Only your truth can be true to you. Truth certainly liberates; but the truth has to be your truth. Nobody else’s truth can liberate you. Somebody else’s truth will become only an imprisonment...
Truth liberates, but... if it is somebody else’s, truth binds.
Jesus Christ’s truth, Mohammed’s truth, Buddha’s truth, have all become prisons. I don’t want my truth to become a prison for anybody. I want my truth to be an inspiration. I want my truth to trigger something in you which is yours.
My truth simply gives you an assurance that a human being, just like you, can attain to truth.
That will give you immense respect towards yourself. You will not feel unworthy sinners, that somebody has to come to save you – some Christ, some Buddha has to come, and then you will be saved. You don’t have to wait for anybody to save you. You are born saved, just a little insight…. If my presence can do that, then my work is finished.
I don’t want to become a prison around you.
I want to become a freedom around you, an open sky around you, not a golden cage – so that you can open your wings and feel the joy of flying higher and higher towards the stars.
OSHO From Darkness to Light, Ch 22

No comments:

Post a Comment