Thursday 15 October 2015

One moment is enough !

A Zen monk was sentenced to death.
The king of the country called him and said to him, "You have only twenty-four hours - how are you going to live them?"
The monk laughed and said, "Moment to moment - as I have always lived!
There has never been more than this moment for me, so what does it matter whether I have twenty-four hours or twenty-four years?
It is irrelevant.
I have always lived moment to moment so one moment is more than enough for me.
Twenty-four hours is too much - one moment is quite enough.
The king could not understand it.
The monk said, "Let me ask you, sir: can you live two moments simultaneously?"
No one ever has.
The only possible way to live is one moment at a time.
Two moments are not given to you simultaneously; only one moment is ever in your hand.
And that one moment is so flickering that if you are engrossed in the past or enchanted by the future you will not be able to catch it.
It will pass you by and you will miss it.

Only the mind which is receptive, here and now, can create the situation in which meditation happens.
💐OSHO💐 The Silent Explosion

No comments:

Post a Comment