Friday 8 July 2016

Money matters !

Mulla Nasrudin's daughter came home and she said she was pregnant and the richest man of the town was the father of the unborn child. Mulla Nasrudin was, of course, mad. 
He rushed with his gun towards the rich man's house; he forced the rich man into a corner and said, "Now you can breathe your last, or if you have any prayer to say to God, say it!" 
The rich man smiled and he said, "Listen, before you do anything neurotic. Yes, I know your daughter is pregnant by me -- but if a boy is born I have kept one lakh rupees in the bank for the boy. If a daughter is born I have kept fifty thousand rupees in the bank for the daughter."
Mulla took his gun away and said, "Sir, if something goes wrong, if there is a miscarriage or something, are you ready to give her another chance?"
Once the money is there, then suddenly you are no more yourself; you are ready to change.
This is the way of the worldly man. I don't call those people worldly who have money -- I call those people worldly who change their motives for money. I don't call those people unworldly who have no money they may be simply poor. I call those people unworldly who don't change their motives for money.
Just being poor is not equivalent to being spiritual; and just being rich is not equivalent to being a materialist.
-OSHO
A Sudden Clash Of Thunder

No comments:

Post a Comment