Saturday 14 November 2015

I am available !

The governor of California wanted to meet me. He sent a messenger.
I said, ”I am available.
Rather than sending you, he should have come himself. What prevents him?
If I wanted to see him, I would have gone and knocked on his door; it is just the right thing to do.
He should come and knock on my
door. Everybody is welcome.”
The woman who had come with the message said, ”But he is a governor.”
I said, ”He may be God – then too, if he wants to meet me, he has to come.”
But power, prestige, respectability....
One president of India, Jakirhussain, sent a message with one of the oldest members of parliament, Seth Govinddas –
I was the guest of Seth Govinddas.
He tried to persuade me.
I said, ”Forget it. If he wants to see me and meet me, I’m available, but I don’t have any business to go to the president’s house.”
He said, ”You don’t understand, he can be of immense help.”
I said, ”In my whole life, I have only trusted in existence, not in anybody’s help.”
In fact it was a problem for him, because if he had succeeded in taking me to the president, he would have obliged the president.
But my simple refusal... he said, ”How am I going to convey it to him?”
I said, ”Repeat my words exactly, that it is the thirsty who comes to the well, it is not the well who runs after thirsty people.
The thirsty person may be the president, it doesn’t matter. Beggar or emperor,
whoever is thirsty has to come to the well.”
OshO  
CHAPTER 5. DISCLOSE US TO OURSELVES

No comments:

Post a Comment