Saturday 14 November 2015

If you don’t want to be miserable, it is so simple – don’t be miserable.

The moment you ask how to drop misery you know perfectly well you don’t want to drop it, because there is no reason.
If you don’t want to be miserable, it is so simple – don’t be miserable.
I simply decided.
And thirty-five years have passed; I have not been miserable – although the whole world is trying to make me miserable.
But they should remember: it is impossible. Once I have decided, I have decided.
As I was coming out of the American jails, the jailer said to me, ”Strange... people enter jail and they look very good. When they come out they look very bad.
But you are looking better!”
I said, ”Twelve days of complete rest, no problem, no disciples... no need of any security” – I was the most secure person inside. I told him, ”Even President Ronald Reagan is not so secure.
If you want him to be really secure, put him in jail! – absolute security!”
He said, ”I have never seen any man...
I am going to retire soon. In my whole life’s experience, you are the first man who has come out of the jail so happy.”
I said, ”I didn’t think it would be so soon; I was planning to rest a little more.”
But it was not only the jailer. My attorneys, as I came to them, said, ”What happened? You are looking far better.”
As I reached my residence, Vivek said, ”Why don’t you look so good here?”
I said, ”This is not a jail. I was practicing for twelve days because I know for certain if there is any hell – I’m going too!”
God is not going to tolerate me.
His priests are not tolerating me anywhere in the world.
Even if I somehow reach heaven, God is not going to allow me in. Perhaps they have already passed a resolution – ”This man is dangerous. If he comes this side, be alert!”
But they need not be worried,
I’m not going to their side.
OshO  
CHAPTER 1. A DAWN UNTO HIS OWN DAY

No comments:

Post a Comment