Friday 27 February 2015

Renunciation



Mulla Nasrudin had been pulled from the river in what the police
suspected was a suicide attempt.
When they were questioning him at headquarters, he admitted
that he had tried to kill himself. This
is the story he told:

”Yes, I tried to kill myself. The world is against me and I wanted to
end it all. I was determined not to do a halfway job of it, so I bought
a piece of rope, some matches, some kerosene, and a
pistol. Just in case none of those worked, I went down by the river.
I threw the rope over a limb
hanging out over the water, tied that rope around my neck,
poured kerosene all over myself and lit
that match. I jumped off the river and put that pistol to my head
and pulled the trigger. And guess
what happened? I missed. The bullet hit the rope before I could hang myself and I fell in the river
and the water put out the fire before I could burn myself.

AND YOU KNOW, IF I HAD NOT BEEN A GOOD SWIMMER,
I WOULD HAVE ENDED UP
DROWNING MY FOOL SELF.”
202 (Jokes of Mulla Nasrudin) 



smile emoticon

No comments:

Post a Comment