Wednesday 18 February 2015

World is a Gift

We come empty-handed in the world and we go empty-handed.
The world is a gift, so enjoy while it is there.
And remember, the universe always gives you that which you need.
A Sufi mystic used to say every day in his prayers, 
”Thank you, God, for all that you go on doing for me.
How can I repay?
I feel so grateful!”
Once it happened that he was traveling and for three days they were refused shelter because they were thought to be heretics, they were thought to be anti religious, rebellious.
They were not given food, not even water, and no shelter. For three days, hungry, thirsty...
And the third day when he was praying, again he was saying to God, ”Thank you! How I can repay you?
I feel so grateful! ”
Now it was too much His disciples said, ”It is time to say something!”
They said, ”Wait – just a moment!
For what you are thanking?
For three days we have been hungry, thirsty, no shelter, in the desert, at the mercy of wild animals.
For what you are being thankful?”
And the Sufi laughed and he said, ”You don’t understand – this is what I must have needed for these three days!
God always gives to me whatsoever I need. This must have been my need,otherwise he would not have given it to me.
I am thankful for it. He always takes care.
He does not bother what I desire; he always gives what he feels is right.
I am thanking him... three days fasting, three days no shelter, three days the open sky with stars in the desert, sleeping in the desert, and no wild animal has attacked us.
And why you are looking so sad?
It must have been our real need!”
This is trust, and this is the joyful attitude.
This is real sannyas!
OshO 
I Am That

No comments:

Post a Comment