Saturday 20 June 2015

Both are Dreams !

A king’s one and only son lay on his death-bed. The doctors had given up hope – death was lurking close, perhaps it would come that very night. The king and the queen kept vigil by his bed-side.
When it was almost dawn, the king fell asleep on his chair. In his sleep was forgotten the ailing son, the large kingdom, the magnificent palace.
And he dreamt: He dreamt that he was the master of the whole world. He had twelve sons – healthy, handsome, strapping youths. His palaces were made of gold with steps inlaid with precious stones.
He could not be happier. And then – all of a sudden, the twelve sons died. His queen began to wail and he was shaken out of sleep. Everything was lost – the mighty kingdom, the golden palaces, the robust sons – all vanished
He found the queen weeping but there was not a tear in his eye. He burst out laughing. The queen was shocked. ”Your only son is dead and you laugh!” she cried.
”There is a reason for it” he told her. ”A moment ago I had twelve sons, a palace of gold, and a vast kingdom. Your cries destroyed them all! And this son, whose very existence I had t forgotten in my dream, along with you and the palace, is now dead. As long as the twelve existed, this one was lost to memory and now that I see this one, the twelve are lost to me. Now for whom shall I cry? This one or the other twelve? And a thought comes to me: perhaps both belong to the dream-world. One dream I dreamt with my eyes closed, the other with my eyes opened. Each was forgotten when the other existed.”
There are dreams we see with our eyes opened, and there are dreams we see with our eyes closed. Both are dreams.
OSHO
From Dreams Towards Truth"The Beginning of the Beginning"

No comments:

Post a Comment