Tuesday 2 June 2015

Can you do the miracles !

Just a few years back a Christian missionary came to see me.
He said ’Are you the Christ?
If you are the Christ, can you do the miracles that he did?’
I was in a generous mood, so I said ’Okay. You just tell me what miracles.’
He said ’First, he walked on water – can you walk on water?

I said ’I walk on nothing.
That is old cap, walking on water. Underneath me the whole earth has disappeared.’
He said ’ With a few loaves of bread he fed thousands of people...’ I said ’Without any loaf of bread
I am feeding thousands of people; many are nourished. And with a loaf of bread the nourishment cannot go very deep.
I am feeding with loaves o f spirit.’ Now, he looked a little puzzled, he said ’And he turned water into wine...’
I said ’What do you think I am doing? Can’t you see so many intoxicated people around?
I am turning air into wine!’
Then the last thing he said ’And... but... he called Lazarus out of his death...’ I said ’That’s what every Buddha has always been doing – calling people out of their graves.
It is nothing special, it is not a miracle – that’s the function of a Buddha.
People are dead; everybody is a Lazarus.
There is nothing special in Jesus calling Lazarus out of the grave, but there is something special in Lazarus that he heard it.’ I said to the missionary ’I can call you back from your grave, but will you hear?
The point is not with Jesus, the miracle was done by Lazarus.
Jesus was calling, but only Lazarus came out of the grave, and Jesus was calling many people.
I am also calling many people out of their graves, A few come.’

OshO
CHAPTER 3. CUTTING OFF THE ROOT
The Sun Rises in the Evening


No comments:

Post a Comment