Saturday 20 June 2015

Butterfly is asleep and dreaming it is a man !

Chwang Tse was a fakir of China. He was always seen laughing, never sad. One day his friends found him sitting in his hut, looking very sad.
His friends were surprised.
”We have always seen you laughing, no matter what the problem. What is it that disturbs you today?”
”It is a problem I cannot solve,” said Chwang Tse.
”But there Was never a problem you could not solve for us. This must be a special problem that worries a person like you. Please tell us about it,” they begged.
”I will,” said Chwang Tse. ” But you will not be able to solve it and I feel I shall never never find an answer to it: Last night, I dreamt that I was a butterfly in a garden. I saw myself flitting from one
flower to another!”
”What is so difficult about that?” they asked. ”This is nothing new. Man becomes a lot of things in dreams!”
”That is all right,” said Chwang Tse. ”But when I got up in the morning, the problem arose. A question confronted me: ’If a man called Chwang Tse could be a butterfly in a dream, could it be possible that now the butterfly is asleep and dreaming it is a man called Chwang Tse? I have been disturbed since morning. If a man can be a butterfly in a dream, a butterfly can also be a man in dreams. Now I cannot decide whether I am a man who dreams he is a butterfly, or I am a butterfly dreaming I am
a man. Who is to decide?”
OSHO
From Dreams Towards Truth
"The Beginning of the Beginning"

No comments:

Post a Comment