Tuesday 5 May 2015

Do not believe in me !

Buddha was one of the most authentic men who has ever lived.
His dying words were, ”Don’t believe in me.”
Don’t believe something because Buddha has said it, don’t believe because others believe it.
Unless it becomes a truth for you, don’t believe it.
That doesn’t mean to disbelieve it. There is no need.
Remain suspended.
That is intellectual honesty: to remain suspended, to remain agnostic.
Don’t say yes or no until you come to know.
Believers are false, pseudo, inauthentic.
That’s why I say that faith has become impossible.
To be authentic is to be religious – even if you have to say, ”I don’t know God, I don’t know Christ, I don’t
know the Holy Ghost.
I don’t know anything.
And because I don’t know, I cannot believe.
Unless I know, I will not believe.”
Only this kind of attitude will create a situation for you to grow.
OshO 
The Eternal Quest
CHAPTER 9. THE NEED FOR AUTHENTICITY




No comments:

Post a Comment