Saturday 23 May 2015

The drop has disappeared in the ocean.

This Gautam the Buddha used to call anatta, no self, no mind, no you, no I. This in fact can be said in another way....
I have told you about Kabir, one of the great mystics of India. When he was young he became enlightened, and he wrote a small poem, in which comes the line: The drop has disappeared in the ocean.
When he was dying, he called his son Kamaal and told him to change that line. Kamaal said, "It is so beautiful -- the dewdrop has disappeared in the ocean. Why are you changing it? And what is the substitute?"
Kabir said, "These are my last breaths; don't argue, simply do what I am saying. You write instead: The ocean has disappeared in the dewdrop. That was my first impression, this is my last impression." And he closed his eyes.
But both the impressions are beautiful. In the beginning, of course, you will see the dewdrop is disappearing in the ocean. But finally you will realize the ocean has disappeared in the dewdrop.
OSHO...☆☆☆
One Seed Makes the Whole Earth Green

No comments:

Post a Comment