Wednesday 20 May 2015

Door of Paradise !

The prime minister of the country was visiting a psychiatric hospital, and the superintendent of the hospital was explaining to him about every inmate. One man was just crying and crying and beating his head against the wall.
The prime minister asked, "What is the matter? What happened to this poor fellow?"
He said, "He used to love a woman but could not get married to her. His suffering is intense."
And in the next room, another man was doing the same act -- beating his head, tearing his hair. The prime minister said, "What happened to him?"
The superintendent laughed. He said, "He married that same woman."
Misery is bound to be there whether you marry the woman or you don't marry the woman, or the man; whether you go into this profession or into that profession.
Everywhere you will find yourself miserable, because always you want more, and life is fleeting. Moment to moment, death is coming closer, and you have not achieved your goal.
Outside there is nothing but misery. We can try to put on masks, we can try to smile, but in fact we want to weep.
Friedrich Nietzsche has written exactly that sentence: "Don't be fooled by my smiles; I smile only when I want to hide my tears. I don't want to expose my wounds to anyone -- it is so humiliating."
And it becomes even more painful to see how close is the door of your paradise -- you are carrying it. A Sufi story makes it clear:
Mulla Nasruddin was carrying the door of his house. Somebody asked, "What are you doing?"
He said, "I am going into another town for some work."
They said, "You can go, but why are you carrying this door?"
He said, "You are absolutely unintelligent. If there is no door to my house, how can any thief enter? I always take my door with me."
It is a Sufi way of saying that the door of your paradise is not somewhere beyond the clouds; it is right within you. And except you, nobody else can enter into it.
OSHO...☆☆☆
Zen - The Diamond Thunderbolt

No comments:

Post a Comment