Wednesday 29 April 2015

Be Yourself !

So when I say, "Just be yourself,"
I am saying to you, "Just be unprogrammed, unconditioned
awareness."
That's how you had come into the world, and that's how the enlightened person leaves the world.
He lives in the world but remains totally separate.
One of the great mystics, Kabir, has a beautiful poem about it.
All his poems are just perfect --
nothing can be better.
One of his poems says, "I will give back the soul that was given to me at the time of my birth as pure, as clean, as it was given to me.
I will give it back that way when I die." He is talking about awareness, that it has remained unpolluted.
The whole world was there to pollute it, but he has remained watchful.
All that you need is just to be watchful, and nothing will affect you.
This unaffectedness will keep your purity, and this purity has certainly the freshness of life, the joy of existence -- all the treasures that you have been endowed with.
But you become attached to the small things surrounding you and forget the one that you are.
OshO 
Beyond Psychology

No comments:

Post a Comment