Sunday 5 April 2015

To be characterless means to be free !

You have been taught,
"Be consistent."
Your so-called character is nothing but an effort to be consistent.
A real man cannot have any character. A real man is bound to be characterless because to have a character means to have consistency.
To be characterless means to be free.
I said something yesterday.
Now, if I have a character, I will try to be consistent with my past;
whatsoever I said yesterday, I have to say the same thing today. But then I have to repeat my past. I cannot live in the moment and I cannot live in the present.
In fact, a consistent man is one who goes on changing his past into his future, who goes on putting his past as his future, ahead of himself.
That is the man of character, consistent man.
An inconsistent man is one who never allows the past to become his future, who remains free for the future, who has no promises to keep, who has no commitment with the past.
Whenever it was, he lived it totally; gone, it is gone.
A real man will love you and will hate you too.
And sometimes he will say, "I will love you always"; and sometimes he will say, "I cannot love you again. Impossible."
Sometimes he will be in a deep honeymoon with you and sometimes in a deep divorce, and both things will go like day and night.
A real marriage is a continuous honeymoon and divorce, and
honeymoon and divorce.
Mini honeymoons, mini divorces;
Big honeymoons, big divorces.
It continues like day and night.
OshO 
Chapter 8 - The Profound and the Trivial
Osho - The First Principle


No comments:

Post a Comment